Wednesday, May 14, 2008

An Idea

...came to me while taking a bird bath.
I enjoy music. One might even claim that i am addicted to it, both the live performance with tangible energy and the stale recording too.
Be warned, my musical tastes are broad and odd. I go through phases, but generally i come back around to melodramatic stuff from any point on the globe.
(N.B. I will restrain myself and only link to artists whose albums i have bought, or whose concerts i have attended, or whose music is freely distributed with their blessing. Lend them your ear... in the flesh... if you get a chance.)
Tonight's pick is from Dulce Pontes, Portuguese Fado singer. The power and clarity of her voice is quite something to hear.
Check out these two videos posted above of an uber dramatic song: 'Ondeia'
It is from the excellent album 'O Primeiro Canto'. Buy it, as i did, and enjoy the others. A sweet highlight is Track 7 'Garça Perdida'.

No comments: